Till There Was Me

I am going to leave a mark. If It's to be, it's up to me.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

The "L" Word

I don't know why, but lately I've been thinking about what LOVE really means. I know that everyone's got a first-hand experience (whether with a family, friend or significant other) and that it's a topic that been overly discussed and judged. But I just had an intelligent chat with a close friend and she said that one should know that there is a "big difference when you are standing on a hill looking at the flowers below, and when you are actually lying among the flowers". At this point, now that I have got a better view, I could relate to more people when they say that love is all about self-giving. I can't believe that a person is in love without understanding the principle of sacrifice. Loving, sometimes means pain. One famous quote says, "you hurt because you love." A lot of people fear this possibility. But loving, on the other hand, also means enduring the pain, and being willing to sacrifice your own feelings. In that way it is unconditional. It also means putting "him" or "her" before "you". When you've learned to do that, then you have learned to love. But it's a whole lot different from martyrdom as most people conceive it to be. In someway it is, but I think love's got a bigger scope. It encompasses everything. Martyrdom, patriotism, sacrifice, faithfulness, loyalty, patience, etc. - all spring from love. They are considered as best expressions of love. Of course, it is important that as we find love, we should also seek our own happiness and share it with someone who would be willing to share it. That, I think, is the beauty of love.

6 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger joyie said...

yeah, if u'd look really deeper, u may be 'hurting' coz of the sacrifices, but also, it feels great at the same time. i like ur post pam.. pwd ka dn philo prof e! :p

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Cel said...

pam had an affair with the great philosophers in her past life. heheh

pero, seriously, pam i agree with joy. your post is very insightful and i like it

...i'm just waiting for the moment when you'll tell me about you "lying among the flowers" *wink*

love love love! how it can open your eyes in so many ways you've never imagined..

miss you pam!

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger spamplong said...

Haha.. Joy G. talaga o! Hehe.. pero wala pa rin tatalo sayo.. pati nga Philo prof napapabilib mo e! :)

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger spamplong said...

Ma. Celeste! hehe.. huy, miss na kita! Hay.. iba ang in-love noh? Hehe.. si Cel dati pa yan "lying among the flowers". Hehe..

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Cel said...

excuse me! my maria is MARIA..not ma. hmph! hahaha! pam tlga..leave it to you to always change the subject *wink*

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger spamplong said...

Maria Celeste, I am not changing the topic! So how are you and Mixie? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home