Till There Was Me

I am going to leave a mark. If It's to be, it's up to me.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

The Testimony

Today was one of the most wonderful testimony meetings I have attended. I was writing something on a post-it when I heard a familiar voice speak through the microphone. I looked up, and saw my brother up in the pulpit. It was his first time to bear his testimony in our ward. There were about 60 people seated in the audience. My mom, sister, and I all cried as he said how thankful he is that he had a family like ours. He thanked our mom and dad for all their hard work and for everything they had taught him. He says he was blessed because of them. My father, the bishop, looked afar as he tried hard not to cry. I could see that my brother was really happy, even with the tears. He knew he was making the right decision. I rememberd one instance when he said that he was a bit scared to go... because of the big possiblity of rejections. But even with that, he was still determined to go.. he knew it was his calling. I thank God for giving me a brother who serves a good example to me and to everyone else. He chose to leave all his luxuries in life in order to serve the Lord.
At the rate of how things are going with me, I wonder how I can still spend some quality time with him? He'll be leaving on the 16th (7 am), and my last day at school is on the 15th! Whew! I hope I could still have some time for updating my blog..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home