Till There Was Me

I am going to leave a mark. If It's to be, it's up to me.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Finding Comfort

I guess my friend knew that I needed it. I was feeling depressed this morning because of certain events, and somehow, I felt less than my self-worth. When suddenly, I got a pop from Kel, my officemate. Here's what he sent:

kel: It is your HEART that makes you the BEST. You are wonderful according to what you are, not according to what you HAVE.... --anonymous

Thanks, Kel! :)

But more that that, I found truthfulness to these words by James E. Faust:

We find solace in Christ through the agency of the Comforter, and the Savior extends this invitation to us: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” The Apostle Peter speaks of “casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” As we do this, healing takes place, just as the Lord promised through the prophet Jeremiah when He said: “I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow. … I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.”

And in the celestial glory, we are told that “God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain.” Then faith and hope will replace heartache, disappointment, torment, anguish, and despair, and the Lord will give us strength, as Mormon says, that we “should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ.”

Thanks to these, I'll have happier days. :)

3 Comments:

At 3:35 AM, Blogger alicia said...

You ok, Pam? >:D< here's a hug. Naks! I agree, there will always be happier days.

Uy si Kel! :) Ako ba yun?? :))

Yung orders mo nga pala, sorry po, ang tagal. Nasira kasi sewing machine ko. Pero next week talaga, I'll prioritize yours and Des'.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger spamplong said...

Thanks, Kel! hehe.. yng isang Kel yun. Pero thank you din Kel for the hug! Buti na lang I have friends like you. Text mo ko 'pag puna ka Eastwood ha! :)

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger alicia said...

Pam, np.:D What are friends are for? :)) Might go there tom. Pero ttxt naman kita agad if ever. ayt?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home