Till There Was Me

I am going to leave a mark. If It's to be, it's up to me.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Time Flies, Fast!

Two Sundays ago, our stake president talked about how the earth revolves faster than ever, and that is why time seems to fly so fast nowadays. I think Ateneans would most likely believe that, seniors in particular. Graduation day seems so near, yet so far. Because between now and then, we have to squeeze in all the oral exams, long tests, projects, defenses and other deadlines that we have to meet. Plus the tests and series of interviews that we have to go through in applying for a job. And I thought I could relax after graduation! Funny, but when I enrolled in the Ateneo, I though job hunting would somehow be easy. On the contrary, I think it isn't, especially now - competition is so stiff! But compared to a lot of people, they say we have it easy. Having worked in a company for my summer internship, I was able to mingle with different kinds of employees, even contractual ones. Like this girl that I got along so well with. She told me how hard it was for her to find a job after graduating from a school somewhere in Manila. She told me how she and her friends walked the streets of Ayala Avenue and Makati Avenue, and handed their resumes to all the buildings and establishments they would pass by. But she ended up with a recruitment agency where she still had to pay a fee just to get a job. I guess that's, well, LIFE. Two Sundays ago, I taught the young women in our Church that WORK should not be taken as a burden. One of the great prophets of our Church once said, "Energetic, purposeful work leads to vigorous health, praiseworthy achievement, a clear conscience, and refreshing sleep. Work has always been a boon to man. May you have a wholesome respect for labor whether with head, heart, or hand". I reflected on that profound statement and realized, "Oo nga noh, I would rather work than pig out in the house, doing nothing really productive". Plus, I would be able to help my parents in a lot of things when I start to work. Naks, ako ba 'to?

Last Thursday, Marvin and I went to DOT once again for our IS Plan. The road where we usually pass by to go there was under construction so we diverted from our old route. On our way, I happened to pass by my old school (O.B.M.C. Sta. Ana) where I spent my elementary days. It was almost 10 years since I last saw that school. An overwhelming feeling came over me. The school seemed so small, but back then, it seemed so big. I remembered how we used to tell duwende stories at the school's backyard and play ten-twenty, chinese garter and piko on the school grounds. Well, that's another proof that times is flying fast. Parang kahapon lang, ten-twenty champion ako... hehe.. This March, I'll be another person, hopefully, as I step up another stage in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home