Till There Was Me

I am going to leave a mark. If It's to be, it's up to me.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Why Kant and his Categorical Imperative?

Why does the universe seem to conspire against me during Philo orals? I studied Aristotle and Hume all night and slept thru Kant. I didn't even read his text. And guess what? I got Kant for my oral exams: Explain the categorical imperative. My palms were really cold and clammy when I went inside the room. I don't know exactly how I did in my orals, but I'm starting to be really pessimstic about it. Darn, I'm sure Dr. Lee thinks I'm an idiot.. I know I could answer that if only read through it. I find Kant really hard to understand and I even asked Marvin, my PM groupmate about that categorical imperative. I merely repeated words from the philosophers, and didn't even try to reflect... and to think that I even said that Kant emphasized thinking for one's own self. But the worst part of it was when Dr. Lee asked me, why do you want to have your own choices? And I told him that 'only voluntary actions are praiseworthy or blameworthy'. And then he said, 'That's what Aristotle said'. Buko! Haha.. Anyway, there were three highlights of my day today.. first, I got a +2 in my ITM exam, a sure A in MIS131 and lastly, an 80 in my Philo exam (that's pretty decent, at least for my standards). I guess grades distribution day would be very exciting for me this semester, especially with Philo. If Dr. Lee thinks that it is just right for him to give me an F in the oral exams, I hope he experiences akrasia (a Philo term meaning weakness of will). Nyahaha! :)

Tonight, my brother will be having a big farewell party, and all our friends and relatives would come.. and guess where am I and what am I doing? Locked up in my room and finishing an ITM deliverable.. hay!

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger spamplong said...

ei there! grabe na to.. kinakabahan tuloy ako.. anyway, hu's hotsexypig?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home