Till There Was Me

I am going to leave a mark. If It's to be, it's up to me.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Return Home with Honor


I am really tired. I had a long day. But even if I am a little misty-eyed right now, I decided not to let this day pass without posting this in my blog. This day's worth remembering.

He left already.

My brother went in the Missionary Training Center (MTC) this morning. And yup, you guessed it right: I cried. Before we left the house, my father gave him a special blessing. That's when I started crying. I realized that tonight, and the next 730 nights (more or less), he won't be returning to our home.

I drove my car with my uncle and he rode with my dad, mom and sister. I was quiet the whole time, scared that if I say something, I'd burst into tears. When we arrived at the area, he got his maleta down from the pick-up. I dared to take a picture as he embraced our mom. Then I couldn't anymore. That's why I just got one picture of him. I hugged him tight and broke down into tears. He didn't. That's just like my brother. I guess he didn't want to enter the MTC with red, swollen eyes. Then he went inside. It's a good thing that Pam was there. My parents left and I cried hard as I walked to my car with Pam. We went to the temple just across the street, and I just couldn't fight back the tears streaming down my face.

Afterwards, I went to school to meet up with my Project Management groupmates. Everytime I found myself alone, I couldn't help but cry - as I drove, as I walked to the parking lot, as I was waiting for my groupmates, as I was alone in the washroom.

Everytime I hear a door close in our house, I sometimes forget that he's gone already. A lot of times, I still expect him to show up in the door of my room, as he always does, especially at this time of the day - to watch TV or use my computer. Tomorrow will be the first Sunday that we would go to Church without him.

I am happy. I know that my brother won't be home for tonight, but when he does, I know he'd return home with honor.

I am sleepy now. My eyes are bloodshot from crying. But on the brighter side, it feels good to sleep while your eyes are still hot. Hehe.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home